Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Little Joy

Although I didn't bring my camera to the concert last night, I still feel like I must describe the wonders of last night's concert.
Babs emailed me a few months ago- "Hey lets go to this concert at the Bowery, its really cute pop music and you'll really like it! The band is Little Joy."
So I was like totes there. Plus Babsamaroo has a baller taste in concerts and jamz in general, now that she's well over her Ben Folds phase.
Well that concert finally happened last night and Little Joy was actually a big joy...I'm so punny.
The jams were sweet, fun, and sometimes in Portuguese, which is the best. I have a big crush on Brasil, and Brasilian boys (haaayyy) in general. Plus when you cover Os Mutantes then I just have to give you props. So *snaps* for Little Joy. Plus I just wanted to hang out with Matt Romano who seemed to be having a total blast behind the drums (filling in for Fabrizio of the Strokes). Once I said hi to him at Cabin, and he was nice enough, but I don't think I realized who I was talking to- but then last night I did that thing-
"Hey, I know that guy from somewher- oohhhhhh yeah."
Anyways I love watching musicians that look like they love doing what they are doing, and while there were some people on stage who looked like they were sick of playing the same songs, Matt and Rodrigo were having a great time kickin' out the jamz.

And also the lead singer, Rodrigo, looks like the exact twin of this dude I dated but that dude was awful, and Rodrigo was wonderful. And more fit. And Brasilian. Haaayyyy.

For thier final song they brought out two dudes I don't know, and Fabrizio Moretti (its his band after all) and Regnia Spector, and everyone sang and felt good about life, plus there was live brass. And I danced. Really a perfect concert.

No comments: