Tuesday, April 21, 2009

You never know...


Brooklyn comes alive in the warm weather. And the wonderful crazies that make this boro interesting come out of hiding.
I am always, shall we say, delighted and charmed (ahem Katie!) by- a mime with crutches, dramatically never quite being able to use them,

A dude on a unicycle juggling orange bowling pins while crossing the street,

or a group of Hasids parading down the street on bikes with yellow flags in the middle of the day. The were bigger than a critical mass can be.

Brooklyn is my home, and this is one of the reasons it has my heart. Everyone is allowed to be who they are. The joy is overwhelming sometimes.
As Marla Thomas (or Cat Stevens) would say:
If you want to be you, be you,
If you want to be me, be me,
Because there's so many ways to be,
You know that there are!

No comments: