Thursday, July 3, 2008

The East River Waterfalls

Nick and I went to my favorite place in the whole world, The Promenade in Brooklyn, and checked out the water falls. They are kinda cool. Not really set up for viewing from the Brooklyn side, all you see is scaffolding, but there is water pouring out the other side. And way out in the distance you can see another one at Governors Island. It was very strange to see this landscape which has become totally ingrained in my memory from my younger years, distorted by these massive high-tech waterfalls. Very strangely it reminded me of a rustic old wooden table with the lucite Phillipe Stark chairs surrounding it. Something doesn't match, but it's kinda cool anyways.


For whatever reason, the one under the Brooklyn Bridge was not working. Lame.

No comments: