Friday, September 11, 2009

Fashion's Night Out

Since last night was Calvin Harris at the Music Hall of Williamsburg, I didn't really have the time to run all around the Manhat in search of Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Tally, or Issac Mizarhi. I could only do the 'burg. But it turns out that was the best one anyway.
Bird on North 6th and Driggs hosted a block party, and thankfully it didn't get rained out. It mildly drizzed at the end but us fashionistas didn't care. The lovely ladies of Vena Cava were there, though exhuasted, understandably so as thier show was earlier that day. OMG the so fashionable, adorable and cute Jen, of Bird was kicking it, which makes sense as Bird is her store.
Mid-party tons of models arrived, stalking around a foot taller than everyone else (and I'm 5'9"), including if I'm not mistake Atong, and the lovely Agyness Dyen! Holler!

I got there before everyone else I was supposed to meet, so I just wandered around looking at the beautiful people. One of them was my editor friend from ID mag, so nice to see a friendly face! I also ran into everyone's fav party kid, Aaron K! I gabbed about how many really good to look at dudes there were and wondered where was my plaid clad man?
It could be said that my favorite part was eating cotton candy. Man oh man do I love that stuff! And look, Metromix thought I looked great doing it! Or when they ran out of the free beer, encouraging anyone who still wanted to drink to go to the corner store just down the block and bring back some Tecate. Over the PA. While the music was stopped so EVERYONE heard. Or seeing Tracy and Milan, who I haven't seen in a while. Tracy is the busiest bee in the world right now, as she's follow ol' Scott around the land. I'm so proud of her. Or Rebecca giving me a necklace she made for me, which is five triangles on a chain. Its really great and I can't wait to wear it with everything.
The night was really a fantastic one indeed, good people, good lookin' dudes, good fahsions, good jams= good times!
Tonight- on to the Tribecca Grand (hello Misshapes, Kate Laphear, Dossier et all) and the last Ruff of them all. I'm bringing my favorite bouncer some flowers on the last night of what was once my favorite party in NYC.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.cheapuggbootsukwebsite.co.uk/]cheap ugg boots[/url][/b] Men and women listen to everything you say and how you say it. In every task situation you have the opportunity to turn out to be recognized as anyone of his / her term. Conversely, you'll be able to turn out to be recognised for shading the reality, for telling folks the things they would like to hear, or parsing phrases for a defendant may do less than cross examination inside a court of regulation..

[b][url=http://www.cheapuggbootsonlinesales.co.uk/]ugg boots cheap[/url][/b] I enjoy jogging the seashore since it calms me and it gives me some additional exercise. I really like to listen to the waves break, view the various sea birds soar plus the dolphins breach the area. Lifestyle can generally be similar to the waves. So, in case you are weighing the choice of acquiring a fresh position versus transferring right into a new rental, at $1,five hundred per month, and incurring a normal broker rate of $2,700, or 15% of the year's rent, your price of leasing have to also include things like the broker rate divided because of the variety of months you plan on residing there. In case you think a few a long time, this expense is $75 per month. So, your gross expense of leasing is $1,575.

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonpursesale.com/]louis vuitton handbags[/url][/b] after dan begun spinning, the complete matter broke large open up. his set ran the gamut from busta to mary to house of discomfort to humpty. when one of many track's rhymes referenced 1975, it happened to me which the youngsters inside the balcony up coming to us were not even ALIVE in 1975.

[b][url=http://www.cheapuggbootsonlinesales.co.uk/]www.cheapuggbootsonlinesales.co.uk[/url][/b] 7. Last but not least, for anyone who is investing in a bag from the downtown roadside store, then do not assume an authentic designer purse. When the designer handbag is as low-priced as chips, then tend not to expect to acquire an authentic designer handbag. Spanish artist Santiago Sierra is perhaps the world's most radical dwelling artist. He recreates the exploitation from the globalised overall economy while in the art gallery - by paying out junkies the cost of a correct to tattoo a line across their backs, selecting scores of black immigrant is effective to dig a vast land artwork sculpture in Spain, and filling a museum in Germany with mud. He thinks the entire world of artwork is as corrupted because the earth of capitalism..

[b][url=http://www.uggsunitedkingdom.co.uk/]ugg uk[/url][/b] In this particular fashion, possibly even your standard male is definitely the circumstance to cover the a whole new Chanel handbag (reproduction). Your colourings contained within the dependable Chanel supplements, the position in the logo layout are generally thought of before help you to constructing a artificial version. The creators about ordinarily fabricated employing even the products or services high-quality is actually not created up.