Friday, September 11, 2009

8 years

I wondered what- if anything- I should write about today being the day that it is. The anniversary of this day New York changed incredibly and irreversibly. I remember where I was, I remember what my family did, the kid who sat in front of me in Math doesn't have a parent anymore, I might remember that most of all.
Every year it gets easier to forget(scary), every year I'm a bit more at a loss as to how its appropriate to feel. There is something very comforting in the rain today. Its soothing away some of the tenseness we're all feeling. Its gives an excuse for the dreary-ness.

Any joke about today is still too soon. For me it may always be to soon.
I am going out tonight- and I think that's good. I think being alive is important.

1 comment:

Liam. said...

It's good to remember. And to be alive.