Monday, January 12, 2009

See, here I was trying to figure out what I wanted to post today, I was oddly fresh out of ideas, then lovely Sarah tagged me for this photo game-

1. Go to the 4th folder in your computer where you store your pictures.
2. Pick the 4th picture in that folder.
3. Explain the picture.
4. Tag 4 people to do the same!

My fourth folder was a collection of inspiration shots for the theme Mille Feuille. Something that I do when I'm designing (I do that- design clothes, see you learn something new about me everyday).
This photo is from the Nina Ricci Fall collection from 2006. I love the color scheme and the way you can see all the layers (hence Mille Feuille-or in English- One Thousand Layers) both at the hem line and the neck line. And the shoes are fabulous.

I am trying to think of a design for a Havana Nights dress for the Yale club dance this year. Last year it was a black and white ball which was sogoodamazingwaydrunktime. This year's theme is 50's Cuba. I'm really excited to wear flowers in my hair and make a skirt that lives for twirling in. Anyone have any good referneces for me to look at?

Since I don't have four people to tag, I'm tagging two
-Katie
-Rebecca

No comments: