Thursday, January 15, 2009

One of those wonderful things

I've caught this band before on the L platform (not that I take the L all that often) but this time I was lucky enough to have my camera on hand. And there were also two really amazing dancers jamming on the platform also.

There is something about brass, horns, etc that make me sing inside. You cannot go wrong with a horns section in a piece of music. That's not my opinion, that's fact.
Does anyone know the name of this band? Where they play?

In Chicago there was this brass ensemble that played on the corners whenever the weather was nice, they called themselves Hypnotic. Now, imagine my surprise last year when I heard the all too familiar jams in my fair city. It turns out they had inadvertently followed me to New York (and possibly had some thrown down with Chicago Police...) and now play in subway stations and outside parks all over the city. And I think they have even played Don Hills. Amazing!

No comments: