Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Oldies but Goodies

Chicago has these wonderful parts that are still decaying in this really fantastic way. Unlike major cosmopolitan areas of NYC which are almost all kinda glossy and plastic, or the opposite, deep in neighborhoods in the boros where there is no, what I like to call fabulous economy, is alot of decay and old school feeling, Chicago has done a decent job of blending, although making me nervous with all the independently owned coffee shops turning into banks... and don't get me started on the Loop-uh, I mean shopping mall.
These signs are just from Milwuake between Damen and Division. I'm kinda in love with them, and I'm sorry to see it rapidly turned over for shiny. There is something to be said for a worn history in a city. There is an archaic beauty in it.


No comments: